It has taken me a while but I have finally come up with some reading goals for this year.
- My first goal is to read 60 books this year. I usually aim for 70 but because quite a few of the books I plan to read are rather large I have gone for a lower overall book total.
- My second goal is to read more classics this year. Last year I really missed reading classics so I made a decision that this year I would get back into reading them. I’m aiming to read at least 10 classics.
- Another aim is to get back into reading poetry this year. I really struggle with poetry and a couple of years ago I made an effort to regularly read poetry and by doing this I found certain poets that I loved to read. This year I am trying to start each day with a bit of poetry again in the hope of finding some more poets that I love to read.
- My final aim is to finally finish off several book series that I have started but never finished and also to make a start on The Witcher books. The series that I aim to finish are:
- The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan
- The Expanse series by James S. A. Corey
- Shardlake series by C. J. Sansom
Overall, I hope to make my reading experience a lot more relaxed this year as last year I found myself pushing myself to get certain books read and to read enough books to complete my height in books.
So there are my reading goals for this year.