Hello my fellow Book Dragons!
I have a confession to make.
I have never done a reading challenge before, other than setting myself a certain number of books to read every year on Goodreads. So this year I have decided to give this a go as I have a very long flight coming up in the summer to go on my holibobs and sadly come home back to work. Will also probably be doing quite a bit of reading whilst on holiday as we have a beach right next to our hotel.
There are two challenges, the beginner one and the expert level one. I will be sticking with the beginner one as it is my first challenge and do not want to set myself up for a fall.
The Beginner Challenge has the following prompts:-
- Good as gold: Read a book that won a Goodreads Choice Award.
- The book is better: Read a book being adapted for TV or film this year.
- Short & sweet: Read a book with less than 100 pages (or a book you can finish in one sitting).
- On the bandwagon: Read one of the “most read” books right now on Goodreads.
- Actually want to read: Read a book that’s been on your Want to Read shelf for more than a year.
- Not from around here: Read a book set in a different culture from your own.
- In the friend zone: Read a book that a friend has recommended.
- It takes two: Read a coauthored book.
- Wheel of format: Read a book in a format that you don’t normally read in (a graphic novel, poetry, a play,
an audiobook, etc.).
- New voices: Read a debut novel.
- Past love: Reread a book you loved when you were younger.
- Armchair traveler: Read a book set in a destination you want to visit.
I must admit I am excited to start the challenge and also rather nervous, I really want to complete the challenge and not let myself down. The first day of summer is Friday 21st June but I am not entirely sure I can wait that long to start but I will try, I will plan my books to read on the run up. I think I will most likely do most of this challenge whilst on holiday, the question is do I do the challenge in order?
I would love to hear about the reading challenges my fellow book dragons have completed or attempted, please let me know. Also any advice would be most welcome on my challenge.
I will keep you posted.
Happy Reading and have a glorious bank holiday weekend.