I have decided to take part in my first Spin event for The Classics Club. To join in you simply list 20 books left off your Classics Club list before Sunday 20th March 2022 and then the club will randomly select a number. The selected book then has to be read before Saturday 30th April 2022. I have a lot of titles left to read as I have only recently started the challenge so it has been a difficult selection but here is my list:
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- Dombey and Son by Charles Dickens
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
- The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
- Silas Marner by George Eliot
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Tom Jones by Henry Fielding
- Clarissa by Samuel Richardson
- Villette by Charlotte Brontë
- The New Magdalen by Wilkie Collins
- Shirley by Charlotte Brontë
- The Woodlanders by Thomas Hardy
- The Runaway by Elizabeth Anna Hart
- The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
- Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
- Evelina by Frances Burney
- Under the Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy
- Scenes of Clerical Life by George Eliot
- Love in Excess by Eliza Haywood
I’m really looking forward to what the random selection will be and I hope I will be able to read the book within the time frame.
Wish me luck!
Please drop me a comment if you are taking part in the Spin event or if you have read any of the books on my list.
4 thoughts on “The Classics Club: Spin #29”
Good choices. Tom Jones, Vanity Fair, Villetta,Mansfield Park and North and South–WOW! ENJOY!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you. I’m really enjoying the choices so far.