I thought it was time to check how my reading goals for 2022 are going.
- My first goal was to read 60 books this year. So far I have read 25 books out of the 60. This means I am slightly behind my target currently but I’m not too worried as I usually read more in the summer when I am not working as much and in December.
- My second goal was to read more classics this year with the aim of reading 10. To help with this goal I joined The Classics Club challenge and set myself 50 classics to read in 5 years. Here is my list. So far I have read 3 classics and I am currently reading my 4th classic book which is also rather huge. If some of the next ones I read are on the smaller side I might be able to complete my aim of 10 books.
- Third goal was to read more poetry. I set myself the task of reading A Poem for Every Night of the Year and A Poem for Every Day of the Year. The idea was to read two poems a day but to be honest I have fallen a little bit behind. I am still reading poetry at least once a week though which is way better than I have done in the past so I am definitely doing well on this goal.
- My final goal was to finish three book series and start another one. The series to start is The Witcher series by Andrzej Sapkowski. The three series to finish are:
- The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan
- The Expanse series by James S. A. Corey
- Shardlake series by C. J. Sansom
I haven’t finished any series yet but I have moved forward with them all. I haven’t started The Witcher series though yet. To be honest I know I won’t finish The Wheel of Time series this year but I hope to make good progress with it. I do hope to finish The Expanse series and The Shardlake series though.
I’m not too worried that so far I am a little behind with my reading goals. My overall aim was to have a more relaxed reading experience this year and so far I think I am managing that and that is the main thing.
I hope everyone’s reading goals are going well so far this year.