Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and now hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. For more info please check out Jana’s blog.
This is a perfect prompt for me as a lot of books I read and love are nowhere need modern.
So here is what I have come up with:
- The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas – This is one of my most loved books, in fact I have read it so many times my copy has fallen into bits so if I drop it and the pages all fall out I have to put them all back in the right order.
- Coming Home by Rosamunde Pilcher – This is the first book I read by Pilcher and one of my absolute favourites.
- The Nutcracker by E. T. A. Hoffmann – This is my favourite Christmas book and one I read every Christmas without fail.
- The Lord of Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien – Yes I know this is three books but they are my all time favourite books.
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy – Another favourite of mine by one of my favourite authors.
- Carpe Jugulum by Terry Pratchett – This is the first Discworld novel I ever read and is still my all time favourite, it is probably my all time favourite because it introduced me to the Discworld series.
- Do Androids Dreams of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick – Philip K. Dick is another favourite author of mine and I have many favourite books but I have chosen a well known one for this prompt.
- Harlequin by Bernard Cornwell – I was only talking about this series to my friend the other day so I decided to include it as it is one of my favourite series.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J. K. Rowling – I bought the 25 years anniversary edition of this book last month. My well read copy is another book that is falling to pieces.
- Hood by Stephen R Lawhead – I love this book but I have still yet to read the rest of the trilogy! Must get around to it soon.
What books do you have on your Summer TBR?
One thought on “Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Love That Were Written Over Ten Years Ago”