Welcome to my first Top 5 Tuesday of 2023. The Top 5 Tuesday is exploring my bookish resolutions for 2023.
- Read more Ancient Greek and Roman texts.
- I find that I am really missing my Masters and all the reading of Ancient texts that I did, so this year I am hoping to try and read one Ancient text a month. Most Ancient texts are divided into Books (what we would call chapters) so if I plan to read a book a day I should get at least one full ancient text read a month. Here are some of the texts I plan to read:
- Read at least one non-fiction book a month.
- I love history and classics so this year I have decided to read more about the subjects that I love. I bought quite a few non-fiction books last year so I am hoping to read them this year.
- Read my height in books.
- I tried to read my height in books in 2021 and sadly I failed because I was a few inches short. The tower was made up of 74 books and to be honest some of these books were quite thin so didn’t give much height to the tower. This year I am determined to succeed and I plan on reading some big books, like the ones below, to make the tower higher.
- Read 80 books
- This year I am planning on reading more books than I have ever read before. I have never managed to read more than 74 books in a year before so reading an extra 6 might be a push but I am determined to give it ago.
- Read at least 10 books off my Classics Club list.
- I really want to make a dent in my Classics Club list this year because I didn’t do very well last year and I really don’t want to fall behind on my target of reading 50 books in 5 years.
So there are my 5 Bookish Resolutions.
Please drop me a comment if you have taken part in Top 5 Tuesday this week and I will head over for look.