Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and now hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. For more info please check out Jana’s blog.
I hope everyone is having a good week so far. I managed to finish my first book of October today so I am a lot happier.
I love this weeks topic for Top Ten Tuesday because one thing I do when on holiday is read.
- Fireside Gothic by Andrew Taylor – I read this on the beach in Maui when we were there in 2019. This was a book my husband had brought with him and one that I picked up once he had read it.
- The Turn of the Screw by Henry James – This one was also read in Maui but I really didn’t enjoy it that much and found it rather dull.
- Death of Darkness by Dianne Duvall – This was another Maui read and one I read because I was taking part in the blog tour for it.
- Jaws by Peter Benchley – Another Maui read! I read a lot of books in Maui, it was our first resort holiday and we really made the most of the relaxing beach.
- The Woolworths Girls by Elaine Everest – This was one of the books I read whilst on holiday in Nice this year. We did some exploring on this holiday but we also did a lot of relaxing by the beach and by the pool because it was our first holiday abroad since 2019 so we decided to have a chill holiday. This also meant I read quite a few books.
- The Empty House by Rosamunde Pilcher – Another Nice read. This one was a little disappointing.
- All Systems Red by Martha Wells – Another Nice read. Got hooked on this series.
- Artificial Condition by Martha Wells – Another Nice read. I’m quite surprised just how many books I did read on this holiday.
- Border Lands by Brian McGilloway – I read this whilst in Hay-on-Wye last year. I loved it so much I bought the rest of the books in the series in the Cinema Bookshop in Hay.
- Harry Potter and Philosopher’s Stone by J. K. Rowling – I’m not sure what year this was but whilst on holiday in Scotland visiting my sister my nephews introduced me to the Harry Potter series. I loved the first book so much I went out and managed to buy the next two books in the local Co-Op. Only four of the books had been released at this point.
So there are the books I can remember reading whilst away on holiday. There are a lot more but I can’t remember which ones I read and where sadly.
If you have taken part in Top Ten Tuesday this week please drop me your link and I will head over for a visit.