Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and now hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. For more info please check out Jana’s blog.
This prompt is perfect for me this week because I have been trying to work out what to read this Summer. I am going away in July and I need to decide what to read because I am planning a nice relaxing time with plenty of chilling by the pool but I have no idea!
So here is what I have come up with.
- Scenes of Clerical Life by George Eliot – This is my next book to read off my The Classics Club list. Hopefully I will get to it soon.
- The Lady Catherine and The Real Downton Abbey by The Countess of Carnarvon – I have been wanting to read this for ages as I just love The Countess of Carnarvon’s writing.
- The Witcher: Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski – I am determined to start this series this year so the Summer seems like a good time as I might have more time.
- The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan – Next one that I have to read in the series. I won’t finish the series this year but I am determined to make a good push on the series.
- Meet Me in Hawaii by Georgia Toffolo – Another book that has been stuck on my TBR for far too long and it looks like a good book to read whilst on holiday.
- A Three Dog Problem by S. J. Bennett – I really enjoyed the first book in the series so I am looking forward to this one.
- The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell – I bought this on the day it came out and I have still not read it! I must remedy this.
- Star Trek Picard: Rogue Elements by John Jackson Miller – I have been reading the Picard and Discovery books because I really enjoy the TV series but I will be honest I am not so keen on Miller as an author. I find he tends to write 300 words when it can be said in 150 words but hopefully this won’t be the case this time.
- Nemesis Games by James S. A. Corey – My next book in The Expanse series. I love this series and each book just seems to get better and better.
- Olive and Mabel by Andrew Cotter – Another book I bought on the day it came out. I also bought a copy for my niece and she has read and loved it so I really should get reading.
So there is my list. I doubt I will get around to all of the books (the curse of being a mood reader), but I hope to read as many as possible.
What books do you have on your Summer TBR?